Easy Henna Mix
This clip is an instructional clip on the easiest possible henna mix with the best results.
Note the recipe below is newer than the clip and has additional information, so follow the text rather than the video in regards to quantity.
If you want an easier method try our ‘Divine Brew Kit’ which has a unique fool proof mixing technique as well as precise ingredient measures to insure the perfect consistency every time.
Moroccan Henna Mix
This recipe is developed with the help of a friend who spent time in Morocco and my methodical husband.
The measures are for the henna powder sold by Divine Henna, other powders may require different quantities of liquid.
• 50 grams of henna powder
• 120 ml lemon juice (bottled juice or fresh juice with no pulp)
• 18 grams of sugar
• 15 ml tea tree essential oil
• ceramic, glass or metal bowl that will not stain
• teaspoon and tablespoon
• a cup
• stockings cut in 2 (one leg for wet ingredients,
one leg for dry)
• plastic wrap
1. Sift 50 grams of fresh henna powder through a stocking into a bowl. You will find this easier if you sift a little at a time.
2. If you are not using rebottled juice, cover a cup with a stocking and strain the juice of 2 lemons making sure there is no pulp .
3. Add 100ml of lemon juice (Note : do not use the whole quantity, leave 20 ml for the next stage) to 50 grams of henna powder. Mix well.
4. Cover the henna mix with plastic and leave in a warm, dark place for 2- 12 hours (overnight).
Note: lumps may still appear in the mix at this stage.
5. Test for dye release.
Dab a lump of henna on your palm and leave for 2 minutes. Remove paste. If a light to bright orange stain is left dye is released. If the dye is not released wait longer and retest. An oily orange residue between plastic and henna occurs this is also a sign of dye release but still should be tested on the skin.
6. Add 15 ml of tea tree oil and stir in.
7. To the henna paste add 18 grams of sugar to 20 ml of lemon juice. Stir in.
8. Mix well. Pour into your applicator cones or bottle.
Getting the Paste into the Applicator Device.
An easy method to pour your batch of henna paste into your henna applicator without making a big mess.